Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Week 5: Feb 29- March 4

I finally happened guys! The thing you guys have all been asking what will happen: not one but TWO of the swimmers didn't show up to my experiment. It's okay though, the show went on. I will schedule a make-up day for the two swimmers after spring break different from our regular Tuesday meeting time. I will put in their times and what they did into this blog post just by editing it later.
I also told the swimmers to go faster and I think that the results show!
Swimmer A is no longer pushing their head down as much when they swim. Coach Nathan told me that they do however breathe early and need to reach more. They did one 50 of six kick switch with one stroke to emphasize their breathing. The next two 50s they did were 6 kick switch with three strokes instead to make the swimming feel a little more regular and still emphasize a reach and longer breathe on their side. Swimmer B's stroke has really improved a lot. To help with hand entry I had them do fingertip drag drill so they would slow down and place their hand in the water. Swimmer C is still putting their hand in the water sideways, but only the left one now. I also had them do the fingertip drag drill to slow down hand movement.
Swimmer 1 and Swimmer 2 were no shows. Swimmer 3 did Josh Davis catch-up drill to prevent crossing over. Josh Davis catch up drill is where they keep one hand up the whole time and after three strokes hold their hands in an 11 position and kick for six seconds. It seemed to help for a little bit. It's hard to sprint a new stroke without practicing it for a couple of weeks.
At the end, as always, the swimmers did a 50 freestyle for time.
Swimmer A went 31.59 seconds.
Swimmer B went 32.97 seconds.
Swimmer C went 35.5 seconds.
Swimmer 1 was no show.
Swimmer 2 was no show.
Swimmer 3 went 39.63 seconds.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you told them to go faster...and they did! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you told them to go faster...and they did! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete